Pages

11 April 2010

150.6 - Fell Off Two Wagons. Officially Back On.

Random 150.6 Fact: In White Pigeon Township, Michigan, there are 150.6 people per square mile.

This week was filled with a few obstacles and a few bouts of carelessness.  I'm totally fine, but the obstacles were a) not feeling well and b) having an acute psychological reaction to one of my new medicines.  The bouts of carelessness were a) Easter candy b) Qdoba, Little Caesar's, and Blue Moon during the championship game c) Qdoba and HotBox later in the week and d) not keeping track of my calorie intake due to the fact that I knew it would be terrible to look at.  That's kind of the point though, isn't it?  Anyway, I've learned my lesson and this week will be better.

When I rode my bike to the HRC I was fully prepared for a much bigger weight gain than 0.8 lbs...but that's what happened, and I'm thankful that that was all.  This week it's back to business.  I remarked to my mom a while back that "I really like this losing weight thing," and I wasn't lying.  To be honest, I think that part of the reason that I've had such a rough week is the way I've been eating.  I just feel better when I eat well.  Who would've thought, huh?  The thing is...when I started off with that first burrito from Qdoba, it was almost like I was done for.  Obviously I still could've exerted self-control (I didn't, obviously) but it was like once I ate fast food I started really craving it.  It made me feel poorly but I continued to want it.  Whereas when I'm eating well and I crave something like that...it passes and I'm fine.  I think there's something to that.

So, having realized that, I was more careful on Friday when Brett and I went out to dinner.  We went to Hunan, a Chinese place that we frequent, and I ordered one of the healthy choices.  Steamed chicken and vegetables with white rice and sauce on the side.  Brett grimaced when he saw my plate and kind of seemed to eat his egg roll, soup, and fried wontons more quickly than usual as I waited for my meal...but it was good, and good for me, and I didn't feel guilty when we left.

Anyway...I've got work to do so that's all for now.  Just wanted to check in.  This week I'm going to try to really increase my water drinking.  I love ice water...but Indy water can be so disgusting...so I'll have to just get past those things floating around in my glass.  If everyone else drinks it then it must be okay-ish...right?  Ugh.

Keep Smiling!
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are back on the wagon. I saved a seat for you! lol You will have to save me a seat the next time I decide to jump off.

    I am proud of you, hon!!!!

    ReplyDelete